What is Real Estate Law?
Real estate law is the name given to the branch of civil law that covers rights to possess, use, and enjoy land and the permanent manmade additions attached to it.
Buying and selling real estate
Buying or selling a piece of residential or commercial real estate is an exciting endeavor, but comes with a host of issues that need careful attention to ensure the process goes smoothly and successfully.
We can assist you with the following aspects of buying or selling real estate:
- Mortgage approval
- Title matters
- Co-op approval
- LLC & entity formation
- 1031 Exchanges
- Borrower/Lender Representation
- Loan modifications
- Foreclosure Defense
There are many risks involved in buying and selling property in New York. These can include:
- Nondisclosure of facts
- Unaddressed liens
- Building defects
- Structural discrepancies
- Breach of contract
- Lack of proper permits
Even the most seemingly simple transactions can involve complicated legal issues that require the help of a qualified attorney.
· Acquisition, development and leasing of commercial and residential properties, including office buildings, condominium developments, and warehouses
· Acquisition of non-performing instruments and foreclosure properties
· Co-lending and Co-brokering relationships
· Facilitation of short term financing arrangements
· Formation and structuring of entities, partnerships and joint ventures
· Origination and restructuring of banking financing and other secured transactions, including mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, and construction loans
· Purchases and sales of businesses and entities
· Real property development